This illustrated guide book will help readers successfully grow delicious fresh organic produce in difficult urban and suburban areas.
Teach kids hands-on about where their food comes from and what it looks like. Choose seeds or starts, effective spacing, irrigation, planting techniques, soil mixes, fertilizing and appropriate containers for your crops. Learn proven techniques for extending growing seasons, chemical free management of pests and diseases, and get important tips, tricks and advice for successful growing and harvesting organic produce on roofs, decks, parking spaces, small yards, and difficult spaces. It’s all here in one place!
The 100+ page book covers many topics important to successful vegetable gardening, using illustrations, charts, and easy-to-understand language. Any gardener, experienced or novice, will find value in the book’s comprehensive understanding of successful growing techniques for the Northeast’s specific climate. Topics include:
· Why an Edible Garden
· Getting Started - site selection, sunlight, elements, etc.
· Gardening with Raised Beds and other containers
· Planting Techniques and Strategies
· Soil and Fertility
· Preventative Care
· Pest and Disease Management
· Tips for a Successful Garden
· Extending the Growing Season
· Perennial and Creative Crops
· Glossary of Terms, Resources, Supplies and so much more
See on kickstarter.com